Hi All. Thanks for stopping by for a look at my latest project.
I have always wanted to make these 'glass' Apothecary Bottles
& to label them
with these wonderful stamps of Wendy Vecchi's.
I wanted lots of layers on this project (some very subtle)
I am entering this project in the 'Layers' Challenge
The bottles are cut from acetate & coloured with various Alcohol Inks,
so remain translucent.
I wanted the base under the bottles to be textured with Crackle Paste.
I didn't know how I could stamp the images so they could be read clearly
& the crackle not covered up.
Thanks to a recent post on 'One Lucky Day' I realised this was easily solved.
Check out the link to see what Paula created:
I made my first video which I have still attached below showing my creative process.
Lets just say I have to sort out some issues with resolution etc.
So I have come back today to include some photos of the techniques used.
Please read on below if you are interested, Thanks
I started with a 6 x 6" piece of cardboard which I peeled at the edges to distress slightly.
I then applied a thin layer of Gold Embossing Paste (which dried very quickly)
& then applied a thin uneven layer of Crackle Embossing Paste.
Let this air dry for best Crackle Effect.
I stamped my images on White Tissue Paper & the labels on Cardstock with Archival Ink
I cut out or tore the tissue paper around my stamping.
The torn edges allow the stamped paper to disappear into the background when applied to surface with Soft Matte Gel.
I die cut the Apothecary Bottles & feathers from Acetate Packaging & the birds from Cardstock.
I also cut the Small Easel stand from Cardboard.
All the Acetate pieces were coloured with layers of Alcohol Inks.
The birds were randomly stamped & coloured with Alcohol Ink as well.
I made two projects as I loved this technique so much.
The first I mounted using a worn antique frame.
The other I will give as a gift.
I attached a stand made from the Easel Die from Sizzix so it will stand by itself.
I have included this video showing some of the processes I used.
This is the first video I have made so please be kind!
I am very pleased with the end results & discovering this process.
Hope you enjoyed it too & maybe also become a little inspired to create.
BYE for now