Tuesday 16 June 2020


Hi, Today I am sharing a project I created for Paper Rose Design Team
that started out as a 6 x 6" card but instead has become a feature on an Art Journal page.

I started by stamping & clear heat embossing the whole range of cacti stamps from the Paper Rose Cactus Greetings stamp set with Archival ink on water colour paper.

I then coloured the cacti & pots with a water brush pen & Distress inks.
Adding shading & the 'speck' stamp from the Arty Love Create words stamp set
gave more depth & texture to the images.
I then used the coordinating dies to cut the images out.

 I chose some Gelli printed papers in Terracotta tones to form the background of the card.
I die cut a window with the Geometric Border die from a 6 x 6" background.
I backed this with a more colourful print.
 Raising it with foam tape to show off the contrast & shadow of the geometric pattern.
I arranged the little pots across the card also raising some with foam dots.

The sentiment is from the Paper Rose A5 black & white sentiment sheet.
Faux stitching & highlights were added with black & white posca pens.

I decided to keep the card as an inspiration page in my Dina Wakley Journal.

I chose a hessian & rag watercolour paper spread to work on.
I used Dina Wakley spray acrylic paints through the Arty Love Mark making stencil 
to add lovely bright colours & patterns across both pages.

Black Texture paste was then applied in random areas through the Waves Stencil.
Other mark making done with Posca Pens.

The card was attached to the hessian page with foam tape.

The pages turned out really colourful & textured.

Hope you like my idea of keeping a favourite card to turn into an artwork full of inspiration.

Thanks for taking the time to read this.
Cheers for now,  Deb

Friday 5 June 2020

Wall hanging for a Friend

Hi There,
Today I am sharing a sweet wall hanging I have created for the Paper Rose Design Team.

I started with a base of chipboard which I cut out in a banner shape with my scroll saw 
& drilled some holes for hanging.

I applied a sheet of specialty paper in pink tones 
from the Dream in Pastel Paper Pack with Matte gel medium. 
Sanding around the edges made it blend to the base shape perfectly.
The Madison Lace die cut from the same paper was applied to the top of the banner in the same way.

Adhesive hessian sheet was cut slightly larger in the same tag shape & applied.

White crackle paste was applied randomly in areas & left to dry naturally.

 A layered mask stamping technique was used to stamp the patterns 
on the largest stitched banner from the Banner 2 die set.
Cut from light blue tones of the Dream in Pastel Paper Pack.

I planned out the placement of the stamps on the banner before I began.
Seeing where the images would overlap.

I stamped the main focal images of the birds & bow on acetate first in Archival Ink
then cut these out to make masks for later use.

I worked from foreground to background by stamping the main focal images first.
I then used the masks I made previously to protect these images 
while I stamped the flowers & the text.  
This layering makes these other images recede into the background.
I used various Archival Ink colours for the different layers like the text & flower centres.

I then coloured the stamped images with the subtle application of Jane Davenport Pastels 
applied with a fine brush applicator.  Love the translucent affect.

I lifted this stamped layer to just sit up from the hessian surface.  
Finishing off with Prima Denim Rosettes, leaves & ribbon.

Fabric covered wire, shaped into a hanger, swipes of white gesso & a rub of vintage photo distress ink over the crackle edges complete this project.

Hope this gives you some inspiration to create a gift for a friend
using these beautiful stamps from Paper Rose.
Cheers for now
Deb Adams xx